- Style Description: From the Andes of Colombia comes the unique, versatile traditional La Chamba cookware. Whether you are a gourmet chef or prefer simple fare, La Chamba will offer you years of cooking and serving pleasure. This South American cookware has been used for food preparation, cooking and eating for centuries, and the origins can be traced back over 700 years to vases and pitchers found in archaeological sites.
- Features: Safe to use on the stove, in the oven, in the microwave and under the grill. All pieces can be used over direct gas, on the barbecue and even on an open fire. Dishwasher safe.
- Composition: La Chamba is moulded by hand from coarse dark grey clay and coated in a fine terracotta glaze. As you would expect, colours and shape variations are typical of a hand-crafted product.
- Care Instructions: Prior to first use, clean with mild detergent, fill each piece 3/4 full with water and place in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. This allows La Chamba items to seal. Wooden utensils are recommended to prevent scratching. Whilst it is safe to wash La Chamba in the dishwasher, to maintain its natural patina we recommend hand washing. Harsh detergents and dishwashers can dull the surface of La Chamba.
- Dimensions: 34cmLx24cmWx5.5cmH
Sorry, standard shipping not available for this product.This is a fragile or bulky item and is not able to be shipped using our standard courier service. You can order this product online if you wish to collect it in-store, otherwise please click the button below to request a quote for special shipping.
Get a quote for shipping
Out of stock